Live Lobsters Small (500 – 600g)
Thursday 23rd December
Deadline for ordering is:
Order by 6pm Tuesday 21st for Thursday Service
Orders received after this time will not be processed by courier.
These lobsters are weighed direct from the sea at 500 – 600g.
* Minimum order is 2 Lobsters
Discounts will be applied at checkout. 10% on orders over £100.00, 12.5% for deliveries over £150.00 and 15% on orders over £170.00 (excluding delivery charge).
Delivery is for Mainland UK only (excluding Scottish Highlands, Isles of Man, Scilly & Wight, or Central London)
Contact us here
19879 in stock
For orders over 10 lobsters, Food businesses and wholesale please call or email us directly.Please note: We reserve the right to alter delivery slots. When weather conditions mean it is unsafe to put to sea, the fisherman will not be able to bring in his catch. You will be contacted immediately about any delay. We apologise in advance.
Delivery time: Our courier aims for deliveries before noon.
Please tell all your friends about this wonderful opportunity to eat our own domestic lobster
How to handle your lobster
We have put together a shortlist of do’s and don’ts, especially if you are not familiar with handling live lobster.
- We will deliver your lobsters in a Polystyrene box.
- Please open and put them directly in the refrigerator. If there isn’t room then you can use frozen gel packs in a cooler box and keep the box in a cool place.
- Cover them in damp newspaper or cardboard.
- Do not put ice on the lobsters, freshwater kills lobsters.
- Do not put them in the bathtub, freshwater kills lobsters.
- We recommend your lobsters are cooked the same day that you receive them, but you can eat them the following day,. If you want to keep them longer please discuss with us.
- You can lobsters them in the fridge already cooked / par boiled for up to three days.
- To move your live lobster you must only handle it by holding the solid shell of the front half, holding from above. Be careful not to put your fingers around the tail where the lobster will squeeze them if it clenches his tail.
- Do not remove the pincer bands until after they have been killed.
Due to upcoming discussion of animal welfare legislation regarding lobsters we recommend that you follow the newer guidelines about dispatching them before boiling.
- Before you begin cooking any live lobster, please place the lobsters in the freezer for 20 – 30 minutes to make the lobsters comatose.
- Even if you are boiling the lobster we recommend you use a knife to kill the lobster by cutting down the centre line of the head with a heavy sharp knife. Find the cross on the central dorsal line where the head meets the tail. Place the tip of a sharp chef’s knife on this cross and swiftly plunge the knife down forwards through the head.
More cooking details plus videos of preparation can be found on our recipes page.